Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Exploring a quick painting technique in Photoshop



Right at the end of the time I was at 5000 Ft., we were working on some pitches for various games. One of those pitches involved some classic Universal movie monsters. The top image, of Frankenstein here was drawn by my Art Director at the time Tomas Sisneros. He had me do the paint over on top of his sketch using an interesting and quick technique in Photoshop where basically each layer is a solid color, and then using a mask, you reveal color in the places you want it to show through. At any rate, the technique had me pretty jazzed, so I went home and painted up the Fly on my own accord, essentially using the same technique, although I did not start with a drawing as a base to paint over, just went straight for color from the get.

No comments:

Post a Comment