Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Something silly



This was originally started for an art challenge at Game Artisans for their first Sprite Challenge hosted by Walrus. Somewhere near the end of that contest, my computer died and I missed the deadline. I'm going to finish it after I get more 3D work done for my portfolio. I had a lot of fun doing this kind of animation again, it has been a really long time. With smart phones coming along, and all the apps out there, I imagine there has to be a place for this kind of stuff again. That first image is my original character test, working out the palette and trying to match the style of the already established characters, which were given as examples for the challenge. The blue skinned, fish headed guy is mine. The second is my character's primary attack. I think it was meant to be a light or average attack, with a secondary power attack as an option. In the second image, I substituted in that silhouette as a proxy for one of the other characters so that there no confusion about which part of this is my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment